Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fall Fun

Fall is my favorite season. The leaves have reached maturity and I am ready to breakdance in the parking lot with a bag full of apple cinnamon candles. And I am not exaggerating. :)

I think it has to do partly with the intense heat of Texas summer, we are dying for a change from the humidity and heat. It is also connected to the beginning of school. For most of my life the start of school was what I anticipated. It's different this year, because I no longer am a student nor a classroom teacher. But the same eagerness for fall's arrival is alive and in my soul. Why? Because, I get to decorate! 

More Ideas

This is an easy way to add some warmth to your home. I think the acorns start to fall by mid-september here where we live, but if you don't have acorns you could use pebbles, beans, nuts, etc. Buy some wire at a hardware store, save a few glass jars, and buy the votives at your local dollar store. 

More Ideas
I love how the dark colors in the stone allow the fall colors to pop! All it takes is a handful of pumpkins and other squash variety, gold spray paint...and some fall foliage.

More Ideas

It's time to break out the wreath! 



How To...

For those of you who love the chevron trend...here is a fun way to and some autumn to your mantle.


How To...

This is really cute for a fall dinner party...tea lights and green apples. 


Snuggle up and find a great book to read, and enjoy Autumn!




No comments:

Post a Comment